- One-stop Design & Manufacturing Solutions
- High-end precision manufacturing technology
- Exclusive custom manufacturing
- Factory direct sales save your cost
Your Preferred Sheet Metal Parts Manufacturer and Supplier
|Item Type||Sheet Metal Parts|
|Material||Aluminum, iron, copper, customizable|
|Colors||Silver , black, blue, customizable colors|
|Application||Electronic appliances, communications, automobile industry, medical equipment and other fields, such as computer cases, mobile phones, etc.|
|Finish||Anodizing, mill finish, electroplating, polishing, Sandblasted, Powder coating, Silver plating, Brushed, Painted, customized|
|Deep process||Bending,decoiling,welding,punching,cutting, broaching, drilling, etching/chemical processing, laser processing, milling, other processing services, rapid prototyping, turning, wire cutting|
|Packaging||standard export packaging or as discussed|
|OEM & ODM||Available. our engineer can check and discuss your design|
|Free Samples||Yes, we can provide free sample|
|Delivery time||15-21 days after sample confirmed & down payment, or negotiated|
AL: Your Leading Sheet Metal Parts Supplier
Precision sheet metal manufacturing has the characteristics of light weight, high strength, high conductivity (which can be used for electromagnetic shielding),
low cost, and good batch production performance.
Sheet Metal Parts- Ultimate FAQ Guide
What is the difference between machined parts and sheet metal parts?
The difference between machined parts and sheet metal parts mainly lies in their different processing methods and materials.
1. Different processing methods:
Machined parts are generally processed by processing metal raw materials into the required shape and size, mainly using CNC machine tools, lathes, drilling machines,
milling machines and other mechanical equipment for processing; Sheet metal parts, on the other hand, are processed through a series of processes such as cutting, bending,
stamping, and stretching to form the desired shape and size.
2. Different processing materials:
The processing material of machined parts is usually blank, which is a whole piece or bar of metal raw materials, including iron, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, etc;
The processing materials for sheet metal parts are usually metal sheets, including cold rolled sheets, hot rolled sheets, stainless steel sheets, etc.
3. Different processing techniques:
The machining process of machined parts is generally carried out through cutting, drilling, milling, turning and other processes, which require multiple processes and are relatively complex;
The processing process of sheet metal parts is generally carried out through cutting, bending, stamping, stretching and other processes, which generally only require a few steps and are relatively simple.
4. Different application fields:
Machined parts are mainly used in precision machinery, automobiles, rail transit and other fields, such as engine cylinder bodies, bearings, gears, etc; Sheet metal parts are mainly
used in fields such as architecture, electronics, communication, home appliances, etc., such as refrigerator shells, air conditioning shells, television shells, chassis, etc.
What is the sheet metal material used for stamping processing?
1. Ordinary cold rolled sheet SPCC SPCC refers to the steel ingot that is continuously rolled into the required thickness of steel plate coil or sheet material by the cold rolling mill.
The surface of SPCC lacks any protection and is easily oxidized when exposed to air, especially in humid environments where the oxidation rate accelerates and dark red rust appears.
The surface needs to be painted, electroplated, or other protective measures when used.
2. The substrate of galvanized steel plate SECC SECC is a general cold-rolled steel coil, which becomes an electrogalvanized product after undergoing degreasing, pickling, electroplating,
and various post-treatment processes on a continuous electrogalvanizing production line. SECC not only has the mechanical properties and similar processability of ordinary cold rolled
steel sheets, but also has superior corrosion resistance and decorative appearance. It has great competitiveness and substitutability in the market of electronic products, home appliances,
and furniture. For example, SECC is commonly used in computer chassis.
3. Hot-dip galvanization steel plate SGCC Hot-dip galvanization steel coil refers to the semi-finished products after hot rolling and pickling or cold rolling, after cleaning and annealing,
immersed in a solution zinc bath with a temperature of about 460 ° C, so that the steel sheet is coated with zinc, and then quenched, tempered, leveled and chemically treated. SGCC
material is harder than SECC material, with poor ductility (avoiding deep drawing design), thicker zinc layer, and poor weldability.
4. Stainless steel SUS301 has a lower content of Cr (chromium) compared to SUS304, and has poor corrosion resistance. However, after cold processing, it can achieve good tensile
strength and hardness, and has good elasticity. It is mainly used for spring springs and EMI prevention.
5. Stainless steel SUS304 is one of the most widely used stainless steels. Due to its presence of Ni (nickel), it is more resistant to corrosion and heat than steel containing Cr (chromium).
It has excellent mechanical properties, no heat treatment hardening phenomenon, and no elasticity.
Process characteristics of sheet metal parts
Sheet metal has the characteristics of light weight, high strength, conductivity (which can be used for electromagnetic shielding), low cost, and good mass production performance.
It has been widely used in fields such as electronics, communication, automotive industry, medical equipment, etc. For example, in computer cases, mobile phones, MP3 players,
sheet metal is an essential component.
With the increasingly widespread application of sheet metal, the design of sheet metal parts has become an important part of the product development process.
Mechanical engineers must proficiently master the design skills of sheet metal parts, so that the designed sheet metal not only meets the functional and appearance
requirements of the product, but also makes the manufacturing of stamping molds simple and cost-effective.
What are the sheet metal processing equipment available?
1. Welding equipment: mainly for butt welding machines and argon arc welding machines.
2. Cutting equipment: including grinding wheel cutting machine, air plasma cutting machine, and Angle grinder.
3. Processing machinery and equipment: Press brake, cutting machine, plate bending machine, punching machine, etc.
4. Other equipment: air compressor, Bench grinder, and some painting equipment.
How to determine the quality of sheet metal parts during sheet metal shell processing?
When processing sheet metal shells, the quality of the sheet metal is important. There are many factors that can affect the quality of the product.
Therefore, in order to determine the quality of the product, many details of sheet metal shell processing need to be noted. How can the quality of sheet metal parts be
determined during sheet metal shell processing?
1. When pressing riveting, it is necessary to consider selecting the same and different molds for the height of the studs, and then adjust the pressure of the press.
2. After spraying, enter the installation process and wear gloves throughout the entire process to prevent dust from adhering to the workpiece.
Some workpieces also need to be cleaned with an air gun.
3. Choose different feeding methods based on the expansion diagram and different batches.
4. After the sheet metal shell processing is completed, different workpieces enter the corresponding process according to the processing requirements.
5. The second step is to determine the order of bending. The general rule for bending is to start from inside to outside, start from small to large, and start from special to general.
6. When bending, it is necessary to first determine the cutting tool and groove used according to the scale and thickness on the drawing. Preventing deformation caused by collision
between the product and the cutting tool is the key to selecting the upper mold, while the selection of the lower mold is determined based on the thickness of the plate.
7. The surface treatment of different boards varies. After cold plate processing, the surface is generally electroplated, and after electroplating, no spraying treatment is carried out. Instead,
phosphating treatment is chosen, and spraying treatment is required after phosphating treatment. Clean and degrease the surface of electroplating boards, and then spray them.
8. The welding includes argon arc welding, spot welding, carbon dioxide maintenance welding, Shielded metal arc welding, etc. At the beginning of spot welding, the orientation of workpiece
welding shall be considered, and the positioning tooling spot welding orientation shall be accurate during mass production.
9. After assembly, it enters the packaging process, and the workpiece is inspected and placed in the packaging bag for protection.
Sheet metal shell processing technology is a common and important manufacturing technology for chassis and cabinets. In the manufacturing process of a sheet metal chassis and cabinet,
the synthesis of multiple sheet metal processing technologies is required. The key technology in the production of sheet metal chassis and cabinet is sheet metal processing, which combines a
series of processes such as punching, folding, shearing, welding, riveting, etc. The sheet metal processing technology enables the sheet metal chassis and cabinet.