6 Straightening tips for aluminum profiles after extrusion
1. The aluminum profiles on the cooling bed must not rub, pull, overlap, crowd or entangle with each other during the process of taking materials, moving and straightening,
and a certain distance should be reserved between them. The profiles that are easy to bend and have short discharge lengths should be handled in time, and mutual protection
should be done if necessary.
2. The straightening of aluminum profiles must be cooled to below 50 degrees (not hot) before moving to the straightening rack for straightening work. Due to stress, there are scrap
products such as bending, twisting, and poor performance before and after aging.
3. Because wool tops have the function of heat resistance and emission, profiles with high decorative surface requirements must be turned upside down and back and forth more
often to facilitate uniform heat dissipation and reduce transverse bright spot defects caused by uneven heat dissipation and different crystallinity, especially large wide surfaces. ,
more attention should be paid to aluminum profiles with larger wall thickness.
4. Irregular-shaped aluminum profiles, such as long hanging walls, large arcs, different wall thicknesses, and weird shapes, such as small feet, thin teeth, long legs, arc surfaces,
inclined surfaces, openings, angles, etc. To prevent the partial or point-like dimensional deformation of the profile, twisting, spiral and other defects.
5. When straightening, the stretching amount is generally controlled at about 1%. For example, the stretching amount of a 25M profile should be stretched by about 25CM after
straightening the profile, but it must not exceed 2%. During the production, it should be adjusted according to the actual situation of the profile discharge and various specific
requirements of the customer (opening size, surface quality, external size, inner diameter size, wall thickness, elongation, etc.), and find out among many technical requirements
that can meet these requirements at the same time. The amount of stretch required. If the amount of stretching is too high, there will be a deviation in the size of the head, middle and tail,
water-like twists (fish scales) on the surface, low elongation, high hardness and brittleness (low plasticity). If the amount of straightening is too low, the compressive strength and
hardness of the profile will be low, and even aging (quenching) cannot increase the hardness, and the profile is easy to bend in an arc (commonly known as a big knife bend).
6. In order to control the amount of straightening deformation and better control the dimensional changes of the entire profile, it is necessary to use suitable special clamping
pads and suitable methods. Especially for open material, arc material, cantilever material, and curved profile, more attention should be paid to the reasonable and effective use of
straightening clamp pads. If necessary, when straightening the profile, someone should hold the righter or the plug pad in the middle to ensure that the stretching size between
the sections of the head, middle and tail meets the requirements of the profile.
Sheet metal fabrication OEM extrusion high-end precision metal cutting metal parts丨AL aluminum
Sheet Metal Parts